Arranging the Funeral
Once contact is made with O'Kanes you can either call to our office or a funeral director can call to the house to make arrangements. We will guide you through every step of arranging the funeral and our priority is to make sure that you can arrange the funeral for your loved one in the way you want. We will do our best to accommodate any special requests.
The decisions that you are presented with, when arranging a funeral include:
- Is it going to be a burial or cremation
- Do you want a wake in the house, or to use the funeral home
- Which church the funeral will take place in
- What type of coffin
- Is the deceased to be dressed in their own clothes or a robe provided by O'Kanes
- Do you want a removal to the church the night before
- What newspapers do you want the funeral notice to be published in
- Do you want flowers
- Do you require a limousine (Holds 6 people)
O'Kanes will liase on your behalf with the cemeteries, crematorium, newspapers, clergy, florists and advise you about the registration of the death. They will also, after the service, help with Funeral Payments Forms from the Social Fund and point you in the right direction for bereavement counselling.